BOKASHI ONE - EASY KITCHEN COMPOSTING
THE GARDENERS CHOICE FOR ECO-FRIENDLY COMPOSTING SOLUTIONS
WHAT IS THE BOKASHI ONE COMPOSTING SYSTEM?
The Bokashi One Composting System is a revolutionary approach to managing kitchen waste. It’s an eco-friendly, practical, and convenient way to compost your kitchen waste. Harnessing the power of microorganisms, it transforms food waste into a nourishing, rich soil conditioner and “Bokashi Juice” an amazing liquid fertiliser.
AT THE HEART OF THE BOKASHI ONE SYSTEM ARE TWO ESSENTIAL COMPONENTS:
BOKASHI ONE BUCKET:
has been specifically designed to make the composting of kitchen waste easy and convenient. It measures 410mm high, 310mm wide, 300mm deep with a 20- litre capacity for food waste. The airtight lid ensures an ideal environment for anaerobic fermentation to take place. Within the bucket, a grate efficiently separates food waste, allowing liquid to drain into a catchment area at the bottom. There is a tap for convenient drainage of this liquid.
BOKASHI ONE MIX
is the essence of this system. It is made in Australia with a mixture of wheat bran rice husks and sawdust infused with a group of beneficial microorganisms. It is sold in plastic bags or fully compostable hessian sacks.
Bokashi One Mix also serves as a excellent compost starter for other composting methods and can be highly beneficial in some types of composting toilets.
Place kitchen waste into the Bokashi One Bucket, Lightly sprinkle with Bokashi One Mix.
Ensure that the Bokashi Bucket’s lid is tightly closed at all times. This airtight seal creates the ideal conditions for anaerobic fermentation to occur.
Inside the sealed bucket, microorganisms in the Bokashi One Mix initiate a fermentation process. During this stage, the waste will reduce in volume significantly as it loses it water content but does not breakdown.
BOKASHI JUICE COLLECTION
The fermented liquid, known as Bokashi juice, is rich in nutrients and teeming with beneficial microorganisms. This nutrient-rich liquid can be used in your garden or around your home.
To complete the composting process, transfer the fermented waste outside and bury it beneath the soil. In the presence of oxygen, the microorganisms accelerate the breakdown of the waste, supplying nutrients and life to the soil. The breakdown is rapid can be a quick as 3 weeks, due to the microbes in the mix and the fermentation process. Bokashi One waste can also be added to conventional composting systems, and worm farms.
THE MAIN BENEFITS OF BOKASHI COMPOSTING
- BOKASHI ONE COMPOSTS ALL FOOD WASTE including fruit and vegetables, prepared foods, cooked and uncooked meats and fish, dairy, eggs, bread, coffee grinds, tea bags, even wilted flowers, and tissues. Just not large bones or excessive amounts of liquid.
- BOKASHI ONE COMPOSTING IS EASY AND CONVENIENT Waste collection takes place right in the kitchen, no need to go outside to a compost heap. It eliminates the need for turning, watering, or carefully balancing green and brown waste, as required by other composting systems.
- BOKASHI ONE WASTE PROVIDES IMMEDIATE BENEFITS TO YOUR GARDEN Its rapid ability to boost fertility, enhance soil structure, and promote microbial activity, leads to the growth of healthier and more resilient plants.
TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL BOKASHI ONE COMPOSTING
To maximise your Bokashi One composting experience, keep these tips in mind:
- Close the lid tightly and drain the accumulated juice regularly.
- Press down on each layer of food waste to remove air and reduce air pockets.
- Avoid placing the bucket in direct sunlight.
- Minimise adding rotten or mouldy food waste.
- Break or chop large waste into smaller pieces.
- Do not add excessive amounts of liquid.
- Wash the bucket thoroughly after each use.